Free Standard Shipping on all orders in the US!
What Information Is Collected?
Types of information we collect may include:
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Date of birth or age
- Driver’s license number
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Registry or list information
- Your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our sites and mobile applications, search terms, pages you visit on our mobile applications, and application performance, as discussed further below
- Geo-location and in-store location (with your consent)
- Facebook ID, profile picture, gender, age range, friends’ IDs (with your consent)
- Google ID, profile picture (with your consent)
If you choose not to provide information we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
Automated Information Collection
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you in order to identify you as a OPO – Organic Pure Oil guest. If we are able to identify you as a OPO – Organic Pure Oil guest we may, for example, link your activity on our website to your activity in a OPO – Organic Pure Oil store or on one of our mobile applications. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, in store, mobile, etc.
In order to provide the best guest experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores, and on our mobile applications, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
OPO – Organic Pure Oil Automated Collection
Third-Party Automated Collection and Interest-Based Advertising
OPO – Organic Pure Oil participates in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online. OPO – Organic Pure Oil adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory principles for IBA.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications. This information is used to serve ads for OPO – Organic Pure Oil products or services or for the products or services of other companies when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-personally-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon, or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information.
Mobile Location Information
If you have downloaded one or more of our mobile applications, you can opt-in to location sharing for additional application capabilities. For example, geo-location will use your device’s latitude and longitude or your device’s location capabilities (e.g. GPS or Wi-Fi) to let you find nearby OPO – Organic Pure Oil stores. Or, in-store location through the use of beacons, your phone’s blue tooth signal, LED light chip technologies, or other technologies will permit OPO – Organic Pure Oil to find nearby products for you, get you real-time deals, auto-sort your shopping list and more.
User Experience Information
In order to improve guest online and mobile shopping experiences, help with fraud identification, and assist our guest relations representatives in resolving issues guests may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g. information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Social Media Widgets
Our sites and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Information from Other Sources
We collect data that’s publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing guest information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our guests (e.g., adding address information).
This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
How Is Your Information Used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, or on our website, mobile website, or mobile applications or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding guest service via our contact center, guest service desk, or on social media or internet chat platforms
- Provide services such as Gift Registry or a shopping list
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, pseudoephedrine or age-restricted purchases)
- Allow you to, using our mobile applications: find a store nearest to your location via Store Finder, show you a map of the store (if available), sign up for coupons, search for products and check availability, check prices, provide product ratings and reviews, track your orders, scan a UPC barcode or QR code, use voice recognition to add to your list, update information, etc.
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews or Weekly Ad, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g. product recalls)
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
If you have any questions, please contact us.