Free Standard Shipping on all orders in the US!
BENEFITS OF CARROT SEED OIL
Carrot Seed, also known as Daucus carota, is classified as a member of the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family of plants, which is an annual plant. The plant is also popularly referred to as ‘Queen Anne’s Lace.’ The Carrot plant is believed to have first originated in Egypt, later France, and subsequently in India from where it gained recognition.
How is it made?
The unrefined oil from the Carrot seed is extracted by cold pressing the wild carrots’ seeds. The cold press method ensures that the oil’s nutrient and antioxidants will remain undamaged. This method of extraction involves crushing and grinding the seeds with a traditional millstone or a stainless-steel equipment to get the oil. During this process, some heat may be created, but it cannot exceed 120 degrees F.
The unrefined carrot seed oil is known for its nourishing, moisturizing and anti-aging properties. The carrot seed oil contains a lot of naturally occurring beta-carotene, as well as vitamins like vitamin A, E, which aid the process of protection, healing and moisturization. The oil is also good for damaged and brittle hair, and also for dry or maturing skin types. This unrefined Carrot seed oil should not be mistaken for the Helio Carrot or distilled Carrot oil.
The main benefits of the unrefined carrot seed oil are:
- Sun Protection: The carrot seed oil has a SPF of 40 or so which makes it very effective in protecting the skin from the harmful drying effect of the sun.
- Protection Against Signs of Premature Aging: The polyphenols contained in the carrot seed oil act like a shield against the premature sign of aging due to external and climatic factors.
- Skin and Hair Moisturization: The carrot seed oil, when unrefined functions as a natural and reliable moisturizer for sensitive and dry skins, as well as hair moisturizer.
- Restoring and Repairing: Carrot oil helps skin-regeneration and repair dry and damaged skins.
- Improves Hair Condition: Carrot seed oil is perfect for scalp and hair when used as a hot oil conditioning treatment. When it is applied to the scalp and hair, it goes a long way in helping to resolve any form of scalp issues while improving the overall heath of your hair.