Jojoba oil is a natural wonder with a multitude of uses and benefits.
Jojoba oil is the liquid form of wax that is extracted from the jojoba nut (simmoncia chinensis) which comes from the Sonara desert between Mexico and southwestern USA. Considered a natural remedy by the population of the Sonoran Desert for its nutritional, medical and beauty properties, it is today used mainly in the cosmetic industry. It was during the 70s that the democratization of jojoba oil took place because at that time whale oil was banned. Rich in nutrients, vitamin E and B, linoleic acid, organic jojoba oil has been used for centuries to improve the beauty of hair and skin as well as solve skin problems.
HOW IS IT MADE?
This oil is created by cold pressing which avoids the loss of chemicals during the extraction process and doesn’t alter the quality of the jojoba oil.
An interesting fact about jojoba oil is that it resembles the sebum of your skin. That makes it a great carrier oil as well as an ideal replacement for animal fats in the creation of skin creams and lotions.
Plus, its slightly nutty fragrance is very pleasing, making it a perfect addition to any skin or hair care treatment.
- Jojoba oil helps relieving irritations and sunburns. The oil can be used for all those suffering from skin problems. Its soothing properties have been shown to be incredibly effective for providing relief during outbreaks. It also helps controlling clog pores and can dissolve fat from sebum excess.
- Jojoba vegetable oil also has healing and regenerative properties and can be used for the treatment of chapped lips, cracked feet or dry skin.
- Jojoba oil contains a high proportion of ceramides, which are waxy compounds that are much more efficient at hydrating the skin than other oils. Its superior moisturizing properties make jojoba oil a great oil for massages leaving the skin soft and protected.
- Because of its vitamin E and linoleic acid content, jojoba oil helps regenerating skin cells and reduces signs of premature aging.
Jojoba oil benefits extend to hair treatments as well.
- It helps activating new hair growth by cleaning the debris caught in the hair follicles. When the hair follicles are too clogged, the vitamins and minerals hardly penetrate to nourish the scalp, which results in a slower hair growth.
- Used as a pre-shampoo treatment or as leave-in serum, jojoba oil leaves hair smooth and protected against dryness and climatic factors.
Our Organic Jojoba Oil comes in 3 different sizes: 10 ml, 1 oz, 4 oz.